Centrex is a flexible network-based communication solution owned and managed centrally by Northwestel. This way, your business can benefit from a range of features typically found only in expensive private exchange telephone systems, but not have to worry about maintenance or power failures, and lines can be easily moved, added or changed.
Packages and Options
Northwestel offers several Centrex packages with a range of features to suit your particular requirements. Choose the telephone sets that suit your business and pay only for the lines you need.
We also offer one and three-year contract rates, so you can stabilize and lower your monthly costs.
Additional Features and Benefits
Centrex offers a range of additional features and benefits to allow you to manage calls more effectively.
- Every extension has its own direct line - no busy signals or waiting to use the phone. On a 10-line Centrex service, all 10 lines can make or receive external calls at the same. With some other multi-line systems, simultaneous external calls are limited.
- Centrex offers direct inward and outward dialing. Each phone has its own number, so individuals at the company can be reached directly by clients or suppliers. Calls are never misdirected and customers can speak to the exact person they need without going through a switchboard.
- If your business is spread over a number of different locations, Centrex can link them all together. No matter where they are, you employees will have access to Centrex and can benefit from 4-digit dialing within the system.
- You don't need to invest in expensive equipment. Northwestel provides the required hardware and software, so you have no switching equipment to house or insure. We also maintain the equipment, so you don't have to worry about extra costs.
- Centrex service works with the Northwestel Calling Features you've come to rely on, like Voice Mail and Call Display.
- Centrex lines can be easily added or removed as your company grows or hits a seasonal rush.
- Even during power outages, Centrex does its job. All of the equipment at Northwestel's facilities is supported by a fully automated backup power system.