A Northwestel payphone on your premises can enhance customer satisfaction and increase traffic to your business. It can also provide an additional source of revenue - a business with a payphone on its premises may earn a commission on the revenue the payphone generates (a contract is required before a commission agreement can be arranged).
Having a Northwestel payphone on your premises is convenient and hassle-free:
- Northwestel supplies the necessary equipment, shelving, and directories. Northwestel also installs the line at a minimal cost to location providers*.
- Northwestel looks after all payphone repairs and maintenance, as well as coin collection.
- All Northwestel Millennium payphones are managed from a centralized network, and monitored on a 24-hour basis.
* The location provider is responsible for providing and installing the conduit and a suitable backboard to support the phone. Northwestel installation fees are $92.00 for the first hour (or fraction thereof) and $23.00 for each additional 15 minutes (or fraction thereof).
Payphone Models & Features
Northwestel offers three models of payphones:
1. Millennium MultiPay Payphone
A Millennium MultiPay Payphone offers durability and a range of convenient and user-friendly features:
- Multiple payment options - a multi-card reader accepts both calling cards and credit cards. Card icons identify which cards are accepted.
- Voice prompts offer dialing assistance and allows customers to follow instructions easily.
- An adjustable volume button allows users to adjust handset volume.
- A "Next Call" key makes it easy to place additional calls with the same card.
- Recessed coin slots help callers insert coins properly and can accommodate a $1.00 coin.
- A data jack (only available on some payphones) allows users to connect a laptop computer for convenient access to email and the Internet.
2. Millennium Desktop Payphone
The Millennium Desktop offers even greater convenience than a conventional payphone, without looking like one, and lets users get down to business - even when they are away from the office.
- Compact design for portability and easy installation almost anywhere on your premises.
- Calls can be made using a calling card or credit card, without the need to enter lengthy codes - users simply place their card in the reader on the phone.
- User-friendly display prompts walk users through the call.
- A data jack allows users to connect a laptop computer to access email and the Internet.
3. Centurion Payphone
Due to restrictions with switching technology, Northwestel may install a Centurion Payphone in locations where Millennium Payphones are not available.
Northwestel can install a payphone just about anywhere in it’s operating area.
Millennium Payphones may not available in all communities or locations.
Please fill out our payphone request form [PDF] and fax it to 1-867-873-9773 (toll-free within Northwestel's operating area).
For further information about how a Northwestel payphone might work for your business, call our Customer Care Centre at 1-888-423-2333.
Payphone Installation & Requirements
Before installing a payphone, Northwestel will assess whether the suggested location is suitable and will consider several factors:
- Whether the payphone is required for public safety.
- Whether the payphone can be easily seen by and accessible to the general public.
- The extent to which the payphone may be subject to vandalism.
- The expected usage and revenue potential for the payphone.
Once a suggested location is deemed suitable for a payphone, Northwestel technicians will install the line and payphone. Prior to installation, a technician will visit the premises to ensure all technical requirements are met.
There is a minimal charge for installing the payphone and the location provider is responsible for installing the conduit and backboard (at their cost) to support the equipment. Northwestel supplies all other necessary equipment, shelving, and directories.
Following installation, Northwestel is responsible for payphone repairs and maintenance, as well as coin collection. All of our Millennium payphones are managed from a centralized network, and monitored on a 24-hour basis.
For all payphone repairs or troubles, call 1-888-423-2333.
The PDF documents on this page require Adobe Reader to view. If you do not have this, you can download Adobe Reader for free from this location.