- Home Phone
- Local Services & Rates
- Long Distance Calling Plans
- Calling Features
- Telephone Sets
- Calling Cards
- Billing & Payment Options
- Repair & Troubleshooting
- Telephone Directories & Listings
- IP Relay Service
- Message Relay Service
- Cable Home Phone
- Reading Your Home Phone Bill
- Webcare Login
- Webcare CSR Login
Directory Cover Art
2014/15 Northwestel Directory Cover Contest Winners
This year's Northwest Territories cover was painted by Lynn La Saga from Yellowknife. Her painting captures the Giant mine as it stands today outside the city, while illustrating the slow decay of the structure.
The Nunavut piece features the beadwork of Cape Dorset artist and Order of Canada recipient, Annie Manning Lampron. She created the piece to share important elements of Inuit life and culture with others.
The Yukon/BC directory cover was painted by Heather Horton of Whitehorse. Her oil on panel, Montana Mountain 1, features the Yukon landscape as it can be seen near Carcross, Yt.
We also maintain and proudly display an extensive collection of northern artwork at our corporate offices in Whitehorse, Yellowknife and Iqaluit.
The PDF documents on this page require Adobe Reader to view. If you do not have this, you can download Adobe Reader for free from this location.
Rules and Guidelines: 2015/16 Directory Cover Art Competition
Entrants must be current residents of Northwestel’s operating area (Nunavut, NWT, northern BC and Yukon). Artists whose work has appeared on a Northwestel directory cover in the last four years are not eligible to enter. Artwork Guidelines Works to be considered must be two-dimensional original, hand-rendered artwork (such as acrylic, oil, watercolour, silkscreen, etc.) or three-dimensional works (such as sculptures and carvings). Although photography is considered an art form, we are not seeking this type of artwork at this time for the directory covers. Mechanically produced or assisted artwork, such as photographs or computer-generated images are ineligible. The artwork cannot already have been previously published, reproduced in any format or exhibited. The artist should not have future plans to sell, publish, reproduce or exhibit the artwork. A maximum of two pieces may be submitted by each artist.
How to Enter
Entries must be received no later than Friday, September 19, 2014. Late entries cannot be considered, due to the production schedule of the telephone directories. The winning entrants will be contacted shortly after the close of the selection process in October. Entries must be submitted in the following formats: as a non-returnable photo print or slide or digital print; or e-mailed as a .jpg or .tif file. Please do not submit the original piece of work.
Entries must be accompanied by an official entry form containing the following information:
• Artist’s name, address, telephone number and e-mail address (if available)
• A short artist’s biography
• Description of the artwork, including dimensions, medium and title
• Acknowledgment of the conditions of entry
Conditions of Entry
By entering the competition, the entrant agrees to the following conditions:
• All entries will be posted on Northwestel’s website for viewing by the public. By entering the competition, the entrant agrees to have his or her work published in this manner.
• A winning entrant must agree to permit Northwestel to publish his or her artwork on the cover of Northwestel’s 2015/16 directory in his or her geographic region (Nunavut, NWT or Yukon/northern BC).
• The winning entry from each region will become the property of Northwestel, to be included in the company’s corporate art collection.
• A winning entrant agrees to allow Northwestel to reproduce up to 100 photographic reproductions of the artwork, to be signed, numbered and titled by the artist. These reproductions will not be made available for sale by Northwestel, but will be used as corporate gifts, presentations or donations. Ten additional reproductions will be provided to the artist as artist’s proofs.
• A winning entrant agrees that Northwestel shall have the right to reproduce the artwork on its corporate website, and on promotional posters, wall calendars, art cards or other printed materials, that shall not be for sale by Northwestel except only as donated to non-profit organizations to be used as a means of fundraising.
• The prize award monies will be the sole remuneration provided to the winning entrants.
Prizes and Selection
A prize award of $3000 will be awarded to each of the three selected winning entrants. Selection of the winning entries will be by a panel of northern artists and/or arts consultants and/or Northwestel personnel and/or public ‘people’s choice’ balloting.
Entries can be sent by mail or email:
Northwestel Directory Art Contest
P.O. Bag 2727
Whitehorse, YT Y1A 4Y4
E-mail: email@example.com (with the subject heading: Art Contest Entry)