Activating Your Voicemail
Before you use Message Centre, you need to set up your mailbox with your personal password. If it’s the first time you’ve used Message Centre, you’ll be prompted to enter the temporary password we assigned to you when you purchased your phone or Message Centre service.
- Dial your area code + cell phone number. Then press SEND if you’re calling from a cell phone*.
- Note: If this call is long distance**, dial 11 digits (1 + area code + cell phone number).
- Skip the voicemail greeting by pressing the # key. If you’re calling from your mobile phone, you don’t have to press the # key.
- You’ll be prompted to enter the 4-digit temporary password we assigned to you.
- Follow the prompts to change the temporary password to a new one. It should be 4–15 digits long, and cannot begin with zero.
- Follow the prompts to record your name.
- Follow the prompts to record a personal greeting or to select the standard greeting.
- You’re done! Your Message Centre service is now activated.
Good to Know
You can set up your mailbox from any cell phone or regular touch-tone phone. If you don’t have your temporary password you can call 1-866-803-2365 toll free from any phone.
When you change your service to Message Centre, you need to reset your password and your personal greeting. Any unheard or saved messages will not be transferred to your new mailbox.
* Airtime will apply as per your rate plan
** Long distance charges may apply.