Watch what you want where you want
With your main DVR, you can record one show and watch another while other recordings play on any connected TV. Need to keep moving? No problem. Start watching in one room an d finish in another. Can you skip commercials? Of course – you're in control.
To order, call 1 888 423 2333
Your favourite on screen action on command
- Watch any recording in any room on any connected device
- Start in one room and finish watching in another – never miss a moment of great TV
- View different shows on different TVs at the same time
- Play back different recordings or ones in progress in multiple rooms
- Pause. Rewind. Skip ahead or back
Give your family great TV today for only $4.95/mo.
- One-time instalation fee: $49.95. Waived if activated/installed at same time as Digital TV service
- No multiple receiver fee charges for customers who subscribe to multi-room DVR service, and who have 3 or more receivers in their home
- To order call 1 888 423 2333 or visit a Northwestel Retail Store
It's easy to multiply your viewing experience: check out the Getting Started Guide here.
How MultiRoom DVR Service Works
- MultiRoom DVR service creates an in-home network between a main DVR and up to three additional non-DVR receivers. The non-DVR receivers connect to your main DVR, so you can access DVR recordings throughout your home.
What you’ll need for MultiRoom DVR:
1. Main DVR (hub)
- The main DVR must be a Motorola DCX 3400M receiver - our most advanced HD DVR.
- The hub works just like a normal HD DVR receiver that controls all DVR recording functions. You use the main DVR to schedule recordings, set priorities, and manage DVR content.
2. One or more HD Receivers (networked terminals)
- The networked terminal(s) must be Motorola DCX 3200M or Motorola DCX 700M HD receivers.
- The terminal is an HD, non-DVR remote receiver that is networked to the main DVR hub. You use the HD Receiver terminals to play back recordings from the main DVR. You can have up to three networked terminals on one account.
3. MultiRoom DVR service added to your TV account, and professional installation by a Northwestel Technician.
- A Northwestel Technician must visit your home to ensure your in-home cabling will support MultiRoom DVR service. The technician will install all required equipment and ensure your MultiRoom DVR service is set up correctly and working.
Monthly Charge: $4.95
One-Time Installation: $49.95
- Customers who subscribe to MultiRoom DVR service, and who have 3 or more receivers in their home, will not be charged the $1.99 Multiple Receiver Fee
- MultiRoom DVR installation is included in basic installation for Digital TV service if activated/installed at the same time.
- MultiRoom DVR is available to Digital TV subscribers in Whitehorse, Yellowknife and Fort Nelson.
How to Order
- Call our Customer Care Centre at 1-888-423-2333
- Visit a Northwestel Retail Store
A customer care representative will help you determine whether new or additional receivers are required, and will add the MultiRoom DVR service to your account.
The customer care representative will then schedule an appointment for a Northwestel Technician to visit your home to assess your in-home wiring, and to complete the installation and the activation of your MultiRoom DVR service.