Local Services & Rates
Northwestel offers a full range of services to our northern customers, at rates comparable to those in southern Canada.
Personal Telephone Line $32.77 per month
- Does not include the cost of long distance calls, Calling Features or any telephone sets that you ask Northwestel to provide.
- Rates for your first and last month of telephone service are always pro-rated.
- Monthly rate of $32.37 per month still applicable to customers in Whitehorse and Yellowknife.
- A monthly rate of $49.95 is applicable to residential customers in High Level, Alberta.
The following one-time charges apply to the connection of personal phone service:
Order Processing Charge $31.00
Line Connection Charge $34.00
- If you are having your phone disconnected at one location and transferred to another location, you pay one Order Processing Charge and one Line Connection Charge for each phone number being transferred.
The following additional, one-time charges apply if a Northwestel technician has to perform work on our line equipment outside your residence in order to provision a requested service:
Premises Visit Charge $38.00
Premises Work Charge $38.00
You are responsible for the costs of any installation, repair or maintenance work on the inside wiring of your residence. If requested, Northwestel will provide these services at current hourly rates.
*In High Level, Alberta, Northwestel offers a form of 911 Dialing service similar to traditional 911 service but has some important differences and limitations. For further information on Cable Home Phone and our 911 service, please refer to Home Phone FAQ's