Web Host Plus FAQ
Do you need to be a Northwestel High Speed Internet customer to order Northwestel Web Hosting?
No, you can have an Internet connection with any Internet Service Provider (ISP).
Can I keep my domain name and Web Hosting package if I move outside of Northwestel's operating area?
Yes. All that we require is your billing address.
How do I sign up for Northwestel Web Hosting?
You can sign up by calling 1-888-423-2333 or using our online order form.
I don't have any services with Northwestel, can I still sign up for Web Hosting?
Yes. All you need is a Northwestel account number. Call 1-888-423-2333 and we will provide you with an account at no cost to you.
Do I require a domain name before ordering Northwestel Web Hosting?
You must have a domain name to be a Northwestel Web Hosting customer. If you do not currently own a domain name, you can:
- Purchase a domain name through Northwestel by calling 1-888-423-2333 or signing up here.
- If you already own a domain name with another provider, you can:
- Redirect an existing domain name to Northwestel.
- Transfer an existing domain name to Northwestel.
What happens after I have submitted my domain name transfer request?
Once we have received your transfer request, an email is sent to the administrative contact to authorize the transfer request. In the interest of security, each authorization request is completed by logging into a secure web page using a unique order number and password.
If you do not have access to the administrative email address, be sure to change the email contact before initiating a transfer request. The transfer MUST be authorized by the administrative contact.
The next steps:
- Once the request has been confirmed, Northwestel processes the transfer request by contacting the registry.
- The registry then notifies your current registrar of the transfer request.
- The current registrar is given five days to grant or deny the transfer request.
- If no response is received within the five-day period, the transfer request is granted to Northwestel.
- The current registrar may request additional confirmation from you. Please reply to any such requests promptly to ensure the completion of the transfer.
- The transfer process takes five to 10 calendar days to be completed.
- Once your domain is successfully transferred, we send your notification by email.
Where do I go for technical help and support regarding my Web Hosting package?
You can visit our Help and Support self-help pages or call 1-866-245-5154.